My Guide Website?
From Punta Cana: Samana Day Trip25 Reviews
A day-tour to the bay of Samaná, in the north of the Dominican Republic. You can ride by horseback to the 50-meter high Lemon Waterfall before sitting down for a typical Dominican lunch and visiting the lush "Bacardi Island".
- Ride a horse through the rainforest to a 50-foot high waterfall
- Explore Saman city, discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493
- Relax on the blue turquoise waters of Cayo Levantado
- Explore the most beautiful Dominican landscapes
DescriptionSamaná is a peninsula located on the northeast coast of the Dominican Republic. Full of incredible landscapes and pure nature, it is a member of the World's Most Beautiful Bays Club of UNESCO as well as having been classified as a World Eco-Tourism Paradise. Each year between the months of February and March over 3,500 humpback whales mate in the warm coastal waters just off of the coast of the peninsula. Your tour begins with a boat trip from Miches to the Bay of Samaná, accompanied by a beautiful view. After arriving to your location, you will embark on a horseback trek to the majestic 50-meter high Lemon waterfall, which contains a beautiful natural pool below and is surrounded by lush tropical forest. Following your waterfall tour, you will head on a city tour atop a safari truck through the city of Samaná. Discovered by the navigator Christopher Columbus in 1493, this was the point in which the first hostile meeting between Europeans and natives occurred. Following your city tour, you will sit down for a Dominican buffet lunch in a field restaurant, where you can indulge in a tasting of tropical fruits harvested in the area. After lunch, you will be taken in the safari truck back to the dock, after which you will head to Cayo Levantado or 'Bacardi Island'. After arriving at this 1-kilometer long island, you can enjoy some refreshing free time on its beautiful beaches complete with clear turquoise water. After this free time, you will be ferried back to the mainland before being dropped off back at your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Professional tour guide in your chosen language Dominican buffet lunch Water and snacks
- For most hotels you will be picked up in the lobby, otherwise, you will be notified of the pickup point by WhatsApp
- Bring mosquito repellent, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wear comfortable sportswear (short pants, swimsuit, sneakers or surf shoes)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Save up to 20%
Reserve Your Experience
From $165.00$132.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today