My Guide Website?
Puerto Plata Tour: History, Culture and Cable Car Ride8 Reviews
This day tour takes you from Puerto Plata's seafront to the top of Mount Isabel. Admire the botanical garden and enjoy stunning area views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See San Felipe Fortress, the oldest military fortification in the Americas
- Explore the collection of ancient fossils at the Amber Museum
- Take a cable car to the botanical gardens at the top of Mount Isabel
DescriptionStart your 7-hour tour in the old city area, where you’ll see buildings dating back to the 1600s. Take a cable car ride to the top of Mount Isabel, and enjoy panoramic views of the ocean and surrounding area. Admire the botanical gardens, and the statue of Christ that’s similar to the one in Rio de Janeiro. Visit the Fuerte San Felipe, located on a small peninsula on the Bahia de Puerto Plata. The fortress is the last vestige of the area’s colonial past. Stop at the small historical museum, and see the tiny cell in which Juan Pablo Duarte, the hero of the independence movement, was briefly confined. This tour will end after you’ve enjoyed a delicious typical Dominican meal.
IncludesGuide Water and soft drinks Transportation Typical Dominican lunch
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and bring sunscreen and extra cash for tips and souvenirs
- The tour is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant or suffers from a heart condition, disability and/or mobility problem