Best Cacao Tours in Dominican Republic
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Dominican Republic team
The Dominican Republic is world-famous for its cocoa. It produces more organic cocoa than another country in the world.
When Europeans first arrived, they discovered that cocoa, which was unknown in Europe, was not only an important part of the Dominican diet, but it was also delicious!This began the long history of the cocoa production, its export to other countries including the United States, and its importance in the economic welfare of the Dominican Republic.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Sanctuary Whale Watching Day Trip
- From Punta Cana: Santo Domingo Day Tour with National Park
- Samaná: Los Haitises National Park & Cayo Levantado Island
- Samana: Whale Watching and Cayo Levantado Full Day Tour
- Puerto Plata: Half-Day Damajagua Waterfalls Adventure