Best Museums in Higuey
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Dominican Republic team
In addition to warm sun and stunning beaches, the Dominican Republic offers many other kinds of amusement, like visiting museums. Most of the museums are concentrated in the Colonial Zone of Santo Domingo.
Amber or Larimar Museums are found in the capital city of Santo Domingo, and also in Puerto Plata and Bavaro. Even Underwater Living Museums are an option: here visitors can experience the beauty of the underwater world and explore the galleons and pirate shipwrecks found in the Caribbean waters.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Santo Domingo Day Tour with National Park
- From Punta Cana: Los Haitises Trip with Montaña Redonda Tour
- Puerto Plata: Day Trip to Cayo Arena Island by Speedboat
- Samaná: Los Haitises National Park & Cayo Levantado Island
- Punta Cana: Catamaran Boat to Saona Island with Buffet Lunch