Best Scuba Diving in Las Galeras
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Dominican Republic team
Many shipwrecks and coral reefs are found off the coast: these make scuba diving a very exciting water sport. Ideal conditions such as incredible visibility, warm waters and wonderful marine life attract many divers every day.
From the North coast to the South coast, plenty of dive sites are found. Bayahibe stands out for its varied colorful corals. Sosua on the North coast is also a spot that attracts divers all year round. Diving lessons for beginners are offered by most all-inclusive resorts in the pools on their premises.What kinds of marine life can you see while diving in the Dominican waters? In the warm, clear shallow waters can befound Lionfish, Cherubfish, Rock Beauty, French Angelfish, Gray Angelfish, Blue Angelfish, Queen Angelfish, Elkhorn corals, sponges in all colors, as well as lobsters, stingrays, sharks and turtles.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Sanctuary Whale Watching Day Trip
- From Punta Cana: Santo Domingo Day Tour with National Park
- Samaná: Los Haitises National Park & Cayo Levantado Island
- Samana: Whale Watching and Cayo Levantado Full Day Tour
- Puerto Plata: Half-Day Damajagua Waterfalls Adventure