Best Surfing and Water Sports in Dominican Republic
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Dominican Republic team
The Dominican Republic is the perfect place to enjoy surfing, from beginners just starting to learn, up to seasoned professionals looking for a wild ocean adventure.
The beauty of the ocean and the surrounding areas, like Macao on the east coast or Cabarete on the north coast, will draw many surfers both young and old, while the big waves offshore will provide a challenge for experienced surfing veterans. Throughout the year several beaches along the Dominican Republic's spectacular coast hold surfing and kitesurfing contests like Punta Cana Kite Fest.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Santo Domingo Day Tour with National Park
- From Punta Cana: Los Haitises Trip with Montaña Redonda Tour
- Puerto Plata: Day Trip to Cayo Arena Island by Speedboat
- Samaná: Los Haitises National Park & Cayo Levantado Island
- Punta Cana: Catamaran Boat to Saona Island with Buffet Lunch