My Guide Website?
From Bavaro: Santo Domingo Colonial City Tour85 Reviews
Discover the first city of America, founded in 1496, during this historically-rich tour. This colonial city is the capital of the Dominican Republic and the place of the first European settlements in America.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the first headquarters of the Spanish colonial government in America, the first hospital and the first cathedral
- Observe the Columbus Lighthouse where Christopher Columbus’ remains rest
- Discover outstanding medieval and renaissance art from the 16th century and beyond at various city musuems
- Visit the Colonial Zone, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- Experience the underground caves and lagoons at 3 Eyes National Park
DescriptionTake a trip back in time, where you will enjoy an interesting historical recount. Visit the most emblematic museums of the Dominican capital, with architectural designs dating from the time of the discovery of America. Travel in the comfort of an air-conditioned bus while a professional guide shares their knowledge about the history of European colonization in America. After your hotel pickup, head to 3 Eyes National Park, a complex of underground caves and lagoons initially inhabited by the Taino Indians. Next, set out to visit the Colonial Zone, the first permanent European settlement in America. Founded in 1502 by the Spanish colonizers, it has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Visit the first Cathedral of America, the Alcázar de Colón or the Palacio Virreinal de Don Diego. Get to know La Calle Las Damas, the first street on the island. Enjoy panoramic visits to the National Palace and the Columbus Lighthouse, a monument built in memory of Christopher Columbus and where his remains rest.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off Museum entrance fees Professional tour guide in your chosen language
- Please bring comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- There will be a moderate walk