My Guide Website?
Ron Barcerló: Rum Factory Tour with Rum Tastings25 Reviews
Discover how Dominican sugar cane is transformed into delicious rum on this tour of the Ron Barceló rum factory. Learn about harvesting, distilling, aging, and get to sample the award-winning product
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Sanctuary Whale Watching Day Trip
- Punta Cana: Private Transfer to or from Punta Cana Airport
- Punta Cana: Catamaran Boat to Saona Island with Buffet Lunch
- Punta Cana: Group Catamaran Tour with Drinks and Snacks
- From Los Melones: Saona Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Immerse yourself in the new and old processes used to create excellent rum
- Visit the Historic Center Barceló, the first of its kind in the Dominican Republic
- Enjoy a tour of the Barceló processes that are carried out daily
- Taste award-winning rums (either Añejo and/or Imperial Rum)
- Develop an appreciation for the quality of the Barcelo Rums
DescriptionVisit the Ron Barcelo Rum Factory where you can see the live production process, learn about its history, and taste excellent products. Enjoy a unique experience provided by an eco-friendly company that is characterized by making premium quality rums. First, see the whole production process where you visit the aging cellar so you can appreciate the evaporation process, then the barrel workshop where it is prepared scraping and burning before aging, then the bottling and packaging process. Finally, go to the visitor center, see the museum which details the history of rum, and find the tasting bar and souvenir shop. Alternatively, pick the Imperial option and enjoy a tasting inside the Aging Cellar. This is a 90-minute tour that gives you access to a premium rum - The Barcelo Imperial Rum. You will have a private passionate guide who will teach you how to best appreciate the rum. Important: This fee includes only the tour inside the factory, we do not provide transportation from your location.
IncludesA professional and passionate guide Añejo Rum tasting Imperial Rum tasting Entry Admission to the Centro Historico Ron Barceló
- There is a 25-step staircase that you must climb