My Guide Website?
Santo Domingo City Tour: Colonial City, Los Tres Ojos, Lunch
Make the most of your stay in the Dominican Republic and seize the opportunity to visit the country’s key cultural and historical landmarks on our Santo Domingo guided tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Sanctuary Whale Watching Day Trip
- Punta Cana: Private Transfer to or from Punta Cana Airport
- Punta Cana: Catamaran Boat to Saona Island with Buffet Lunch
- Punta Cana: Group Catamaran Tour with Drinks and Snacks
- From Los Melones: Saona Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Unique historical experience
- Los Tres Ojos – is one of the most famous tourist attractions of the country
- Visit all the main attractions in Santo Domingo in one day
DescriptionOur journey will begin at approximately 7 in the morning, taking into account your location, to make the most of the early hours when traffic is minimal. You'll travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus, accompanied by a professional guide. On the way to the capital, the guide will give you some information regarding the island and the Dominican culture, history, food, music and much more. We will start with a visit to Los Tres Ojos Cave (The Three Eyes National Park). This park features three underground lakes surrounded by lush gardens. You'll have the opportunity to explore the caves, crystal-clear lakes, and unique rock formations. Our next stop is Columbus Lighthouse (Faro a Colón), a substantial building honoring the famous Italian explorer Christopher Columbus. You'll go inside to learn about history and appreciate the significance of this landmark. Explore the Santo Domingo Cathedral (Santo Domingo de la Calzada Cathedral), an ancient Catholic church from the 16th century, one of the oldest in the Americas. Admire its impressive arches, stained glass windows, and rich history to appreciate the Dominican Republic's cultural heritage. You'll have the chance to admire the monument of Columbus and the National Pantheon (Panteón de la Patria), a mausoleum where notable Dominican figures, including Juan Pablo Duarte, a founder of the Dominican Republic, are laid to rest. Today, the structure stands as a national symbol of the Dominican Republic. We'll also visit the Alcazar, the former home of Diego Columbus, son of the New World explorer Christopher Columbus, who played a significant role in Dominican Republic history. You will spend about 3 hours exploring all remarkable attractions of the Colonial City. During your tour, to ensure you are full of energy and strength to explore Santo Domingo, a traditional and delicious Dominican lunch will be included in the tour. Book this group tour to Santo Domingo and experience the culture and history of the Dominican Republic like never before!
IncludesComfortable transportation in an air-conditioned bus Professional guide Entrance tickets: Los Tres Ojos Park, the Alcazar of Columbus, the Cathedral, the Lighthouse of Columbus Delicious buffet lunch
- - It’s a long trip - Traffic jams may make the trip a bit longer than expected - There may be many people on this excursion and around tourist attractions - The sequence of visiting attractions during the excursion may be subject to change