My Guide Website?
Santo Domingo: Historical City Tour23 Reviews
Explore the historic sights of Santo Domingo, the first European city in the Americas. Visit the Zona Colonial and its cultural attractions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Punta Cana: Sanctuary Whale Watching Day Trip
- From Punta Cana: Santo Domingo Day Tour with National Park
- Samaná: Los Haitises National Park & Cayo Levantado Island
- Samana: Whale Watching and Cayo Levantado Full Day Tour
- Puerto Plata: Half-Day Damajagua Waterfalls Adventure
- Stroll through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Santo Domingo
- Immerse yourself in the colonial alleys and streets
- Visit the fortress with beautiful views over the Ozama river
- Walk on the first cobblestone street in the Americas
- Get a real impression of Dominican daily life
DescriptionHere is where the first Cathedral was built, where the first Bishop was sanctified, where the first Governor resided, and where the first hospital opened. The city has a lot of cultural attributes and architectural sites of interest, like nowhere else on the Hispaniola island. The walking tour starts in the historic colonial part of the city, which is a recognized Unesco World Heritage Site. The trip is perfectly suited for all those wanting to learn more about the historical origins of the New World. During the stroll, visit the first Cathedral, the first univrsity, the fortress and the Palace of Justice. Enjoy a walk on Calle Las Damas, the first cobblestone street, and see the first hospital, the first shipyard and the first viceregal palace of the American Continent. Explore some of the most important museums, squares and landmarks and take this special opportunity to take some unique pictures.
IncludesEntry tickets to the cathedral, Fortress Ozama, the national Panteon Entry tickets to the museums of Museo de las Casas Reales A local tour guide 2 drinks
- Please bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a camera
- The tour begins at 9.30 AM and ends at 12.30 PM - 13.30 PM
- The Tour is approximately 3 - 4 hours