My Guide Website?
Barahona: Lake Enriquillo Discovery Tour
Explore the area of the salty Lake Enriquillo, the biggest lake in the Dominican Republic, and go swimming in natural pools.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Dominican Republic:If youʻre booking your trip to Dominican Republic last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get to know one of the most remote areas of the country
- Take a boat ride on the country's biggest lake, Lake Enriquillo
- Look out for iguanas and crocodiles in their natural habitat
- Take a refreshing dip in a natural swimming pool
DescriptionAfter pickup from your hotel, enjoy a picturesque drive to the Lago Enriquillo area, one of the most beautiful regions in the country. The hot and dry climate here offers perfect conditions for crocodiles as well as rare rhinoceros iguanas. If you are lucky you will encounter these impressive animals. The lake is the lowest point in the country and lies about 40 meters below sea level. Take a boat trip on the lake to admire the scenery up close. From your guide, hear about former Taino colonies that used to live in the desert-like surroundings of the salty lake. Take the opportunity to take a dip in the natural swimming pools of Neyba. You will be dropped off back at your hotel in the late afternoon.
IncludesLocal tour guide Transportation Entrance to the national park Boat ride
- In certain cases, the pickup will need to be scheduled earlier than the starting time