My Guide Website?
Saona Island: Cruise of Virgin Beaches and Turtle Nursery60 Reviews
Visit the southern part of Saona Island on a fun boat trip with a local guide. Discover the white-sand beach of Canto de la Playa, the colorful village of Mano Juan, and a natural pool with starfish.
- Savor local flavors with a Dominican lunch in a restaurant at Mano Juan Village
- Discover the natural beauty of the Penon cliff and cruise by a mangrove forest
- Explore the village of Mano Juan on a guided tour and visit a sea turtle nursery
- Plunge into a crystal-clear waters of a natural pool and look for giant starfish
- Go for a stroll on the soft white sands under the coconut trees at Canto beach
DescriptionDiscover the magic of Saona Island on this guided day trip with hotel pickup and drop-off from select locations. Soak up some sun with free time on the beach of Canto. Savor a delicious Dominican lunch on the beach and visit a turtle nursery. Dive into a natural pool in search of giant starfish. Be picked up from the comfort of your accommodation and relax on the transfer to the speedboat in Bayahibe. Feel the wind in your hair as you glide to the Cotubanama National Park for a short stop in front of the Penon cliff. Hear about the Taino natives, the first inhabitants of the island. Cruise to the mangroves whose roots reach into the sea water creating a unique ecosystem. Reach the white sands of Canto de la Playa. Have free time to watch the crystal-clear water lap at the coconut-treelined shore. Cut across the water to the village of Mano Juan for a Dominican lunch with hearty dishes like fish, chicken, rise, pasta, and fruit. Once done with lunch, visit the village of Mano Juan with your guide and get a glimpse of what local life is like. Stop at a turtle nursery where a local family takes care of the incubation of eggs during the laying period and releases the baby turtles into the sea. Once the visit is over you will have a little time to enjoy the beach or hunt for bargains at the local shops. End your trip with a dip in a famous natural pool where you ca see the huge starfish or have an aperitif while gazing at the turquoise Caribbean water. Return to Bayahibe with beautiful memories and transfer back to your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from Bayahibe and Dominicus area Speedboat Guide Snorkels and masks Dominican lunch on a beach restaurant Drinks at the beach (Sprite, Coca Cola, rum, beer, and water) Snacks
- This tour is subject to sea and weather conditions
- It is not 100% guaranteed to see turtle hatchlings at the nursery, as this depends on the season and the hatching cycle
- It is not allowed to touch the starfish
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom$97.56Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today